When bounce rate is too high, you need to reduce it as soon as possible. There are some tested methods which brings down the bounce rate without any need to scratch your head.
1. Increase the font size of text.If it was 10, make it 11 or 12 or even 13. Higher font size surely reduces the bounce rate. You can increase them till it start looking odd. This technique works like a magic. Try it!
2. Paste a beautiful picture in the headerPaste a beautiful picture in the header.Preferably a smiling woman or a child.
3. Post with a picturePost with a picture generally have lower bounce rate. Grab something relevant and if not possible post something beautiful.
4. Post a video on the pageA demonstration video would be great, but if you are doing a crisis management of bounce rate, choose anything from youtube.
5. Rotate a message near headerA marquee tagged message relevant to the page announcing something would serve the purpose.
6. Increase the size of tabsTabs with suitable size and bordering are great in increasing pageviews. Increasing the size does reduce the bounce rate.
7. Hyperlinked Picture Thumbnails RowArrange a row of thumbnails of pictures with caption and hyperlink to some interesting pages.
8. Use hyperlinksUse hyperlinks as much as possible, and route them within your website. For External links be careful to force it open in a New Window.
9. Increase the length of the postAdd something more, to let the visitor feel there is still something there. It helps him to stay longer and reduce the likelihood of bounce.
10. Bullets and NumbersConvert paragraphs into bullet-ed or numbered ones with suitable headings.