Facebook share requires you to write, meta content on the page you want it to be installed on. The problem with blogger is that you either shall have to insert different meta tags for different pages, or just leave that for search engines to decide. Many people have stopped writing meta tags because of Google's categorical assertion that they no more look into them, though duplicate meta tag may be the cause of concern for you. Because of the absence of meta tags, facebook share does not work properly. It was the case with this site too. in the description it used to serve some crappy url from the template. To avoid this situation, you can add, a tag different from description on your pages. I added <meta content='Ramesh Kumar' name='author'/>, and it worked. It helps Fshare to pull description from sidebar about me. Definitely it is not the solution for people who want description of the post to be displayed. For that you shall have to manually insert description meta tag for all the posts using <b:if> logic. you certainly won't like to do such a tedious task for hundreds of posts written in the past. Just take care for future posts. Insert meta tags for them. However, it is advisable to let the above trick work for old posts and you may insert meta tags for future or selected old posts. Let me, make things simple how to do it in stepwise manner.
- Open the HTML editor of your blogger template by going to design and then edit HTML
- Press ctrl and F key simultaneously and search for <head>
- Look for this line <b:include data='blog' name='all-head-content'/> & Insert <meta content="yourname" name="author">, just after it, Preview and save.
- Create a section by the same name in the sidebar like I have with title "author", describing you.
- Wait for sometime. Yes, it take some time!
- Check the description Fshare provides in preview, You should be able to see your bio going with every share.
- Cool down! it is not that Bad. There is no harm people becoming aware about you with every share.
for posts which are important or new ones, you shall have to follow step 1 & 2 above and insert the following code for every post.
<b:if cond='data:blog.url == "http://url of your post"'>
<meta content='keywords for your post' name='keywords'/><meta content=' description of your post' name='description'/></b:if>
This will be enough for Fshare to read and send the description about your post with every share. If you ask me, I am not interested in doing it for any post, and rather am happy that every share sends my bio with it and also asks people to contact me via email. Wow!
Also, people should know many reputed blogger have stopped using Fshare on their site because of this flaw. You can check labnol
RECOMMENDED READING: Instead of doing the above trick, we have a better solution now.